Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Yes, I know it tastes like ass. You have to drink it anyway.

Why do they make cough syrup taste so bad? Is it really a necessity? Maybe it doesn't work as well when it tastes good. I bet it has something to do with that face you make when you drink it. Like somehow when you make a face that looks like you just put your hand in a dead animal carcass your cough miraculously subsides. It's hard enough when I need it, but trying to make a three year old drink it is next to impossible. Have you ever tried to make a three year old do something they don't want to do? It would be easier to convince your Jewish grandmother to take communion. Come to think of it, I think the cough syrup tastes suspiciously similar to the body of Christ.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I remember when I was little, my parents would give us nasty cough syrup, we would dip a finger in sugar and take the syrup and then put our finger in our mouth. Now that I think about it I don't think it helped tastewise, but I think we just liked the idea we were getting sugar.

10:38 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Remember - the worse it tastes, the better it is for you. Kind of like oral sex...

1:28 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Actually - that's gross, forget I said that! Haha!

1:28 AM  
Blogger TerraT said...

My sister's eight but when she was three it would take all three of us to give her cough syrup. Two people would hold her down and the third would give her the cough syrup that she would then spit over everyone's face and the sheets just for good measure.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home