Sunday, February 06, 2005

Adventures in Grocery Shopping

First
Don't go shopping late in the morning on Super Bowl Sunday. In the rain.

Grease It Up
This scraggly, long-haired druggy type was contemplating the lotion display for a long time. I willed him to just pick one because I was sure that ANY lotion would be an improvement. As I passed him, I noticed the inside seam of one of the legs of his jeans was ripped from mid-thigh to the crotch, exposing the back of his leg and the bottom of his boxer shorts.

Super Bowl Party for One
This old guy in the line next to me was buying this cute little Super Bowl cake. In the cart he also had one bag of chips, one jar of dip and a beer. He may be alone but he's having a party.

It Warms the Cockles
All the young guys working the morning shift at the store were wearing the jerseys of various football teams. This one old Hispanic guy who works as a bagger and always has a smile on his face was wearing a Dodgers jersey and happily bagging away.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I went grocery shopping late this morning with no problems. Store was practically deserted.

Strangely enough, I avoided scraggly, long-haired druggies, too. Which is almost inconceivable, considering I live in the long-hair druggy capital of Seattle.

I'm also having a Super Bowl party for one. I have brats, chips, dip, and soda. Go, Pats!

No one was in costume.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Kate the Peon said...

That's so sad about the old guy. I can identify with him.

Except for the age and gender part.

3:12 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

What's the Superbowl?

6:32 PM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Ian, it is not a frock party.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

The Superbowl party for 1 story made me tear up a little, but I've been on the edge all day so this isn't that shocking. I hit QFC at around 2 and it was crowded. All the people who don't watch the Superbowl figuring the store would be empty I guess. Bastards.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joanne, you're just pissy because everyone had the samet thought you did. I'd feel bad for you, but I was too busy having my Super Bowl Party For One.

[The rest of this comment was deleted because it was sappy. The author hates it when he gets sappy because it proves he's really a girl. Where's my frickin' frock?]

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home