Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Are you serious?

So, my mom got all mad at me a few weeks ago because I didn't go to Tahoe with her and my sisters. She couldn't believe that I didn't want to pack up and take off for Tahoe at the last minute, and she couldn't believe I didn't have a better excuse than I just don't feel like it. Never mind that I hate snow, I hate making last minute plans, Husband was out of town, and do you have any idea how much stuff you have to pack for three days away with a three year old? Anyway, she got over it and everything was ok, then I find out today that she's mad all over again because I went to Monterey with my dad. She actually said "Cindy won't go to Tahoe with us but she'll go to Monterey with your dad". Is she really comparing three days in Tahoe with five hours in Monterey? Is she really comparing a four hour drive over a mountain in the snow with a one hour drive to the beach in the sun? Holy cow, my mother is insane. They say it's inevitable, but if I become my mother, will someone please shoot me?

4 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

I will add this to the list of people I need to shoot when they reach a certain point. There is one for Joanne... something about a certain number of cats.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

You guys do know that it doesn't count if YOU elect them for the shooting. They have to volunteer themselves.

3:10 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Cindy, you can rest assured that if ever you start acting like your mother, I will kill you. I mean what are friends for? Of course you'll have to send me a list of "Cindy's Mother Criteria" so that I can judge you against it first. Or maybe I could just guess...

3:55 PM  
Blogger TerraT said...

I'm a pretty good aim.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home