Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Auto-dialers, telemarketers, & outsourcing

I hate 'em all. Combined, however, and they are beyond evil. My latest round of battle with these people included the following fun features:
  • Ending every sentence with "...,ok?"
  • Asking to speak with the same person five times after learning said person is unavailable
  • Telling me you're going to transfer me to your customer service center, then talking to me for a further five minutes
  • Asking for information about the organization without telling me why you want it
  • Getting pissy with me when I become exasperated with not being able to end this interminable sales call

In the end, however, I "won". They asked for my title and I said I was the temporary coordinator, which freaked her out so much she put me on hold. (I assume to confer with a supervisor.) I took the opportunity to hang up.

Good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Ahh... who knew it was possible. Something in which YOU are nicer than ME. Telemarketers get told "Nope sorry not interested," then the click of doom. No rationalization. No nothing.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home