Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Day is done, gone the sun

On this day, we at Peevishness and Botheration, bid a fond farewell to three of our members.

Good bye to my husband, Bubba (not his real name, this isn’t Kentucky). Bubba has only posted a few times and, God help me, I have no idea what the hell he was talking about. Something about his job… computers… I don’t know. Please note that this does not mean we are getting a divorce.

Sayonara to Nikki, a cool chick who hasn’t let her Canadian handicap hold her back here in America. She is editing a book in which one of my essays appears, so I should add that she is smart, funny and beautiful. And has an awesome shoe collection.

Adios to Adam. He is an angry little bugger but he was a good guy to have as a work friend and he has a cute baby. I love the babies.

We will miss all of you, though some less than others since you hardly posted, and we hope that you will continue to read and comment. Let me know if you ever want to come back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Alas & Alak we shall miss them. But onward and upward! (And yeah, Bubba's peeves didn't make much sense to me either!)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

I feel like someone should be playing Taps on the bugle.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Day is done, gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky;
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.

Fading light, dims the sight,
And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright.
From afar, drawing nigh, falls the night.

Thanks and praise, for our days,
'Neath the sun, 'neath the stars, neath the sky;
As we go, this we know, God is nigh.

Sun has set, shadows come,
Time has fled, Scouts must go to their beds
Always true to the promise that they made.

While the light fades from sight,
And the stars gleaming rays softly send,
To thy hands we our souls, Lord, commend.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home