Sunday, February 27, 2005

Dear Microsoft

Can you possibly put out a product that doesn't need an update every 15 minutes. Seriously? I just installed Service Pack 2 (yeah yeah I'm behind on them I know) and now you want me to download and install Service Pack 3? As well as Security update 2 - 10,000. Now I know it isn't your fault I'm on dial-up, BUT it would take me 151 minutes just to download Service Pack 3. 151 MINUTES. That's far more of my life than I feel like giving up. Of course by the time that 151 minutes is up, there'll probably be service pack 4 - 15 to download. Really, just create a product that works. That's not too much to ask is it? (Oh and computer geeks out there, please don't bother to explain to me all the details about why the products are all static and need to be able to grow and adapt for hackers and blah blah blah. I get it, I just don't care right at this moment.)

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

10 Print "Microsoft Sucks!"
20 Goto 10

11:07 PM  
Blogger ... said...

I agree, it now feels like they don't do any testing at all before releasing their software. They don't have to pay for research I guess if they just let all the hackers and crackers in the world work on their stuff after it is released. I have cable internet and I still hate downloading the service packs, they take forever. Not to mention that I have to reconfigure my entire system to even get the update as having many of the "services" turned off makes it impossible....ugh...MS sucks but I do with their stock would go up...ha ha.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home