Thursday, February 24, 2005

Fungus is the least of our problems

Hi. Can you see me? Yes? Oh, good. Then that means you should realize that I can see you.

I see you taking off your shoes. And your socks. Exposing your nasty, sweaty (and most likely smelly) feet.

You do realize you're in public, right? This is, in fact, a community center. Not a podiatrist's office. Or shoe store. We don't like to see feet here. Ever. For any reason.

Oh, and later, when you're at the bar and you want to take your shoes off and put your nasty-wool-sock-clad feet on a stool or chair? Don't. Thanks.

By the way, I dropped my tapeworm sample over there somewhere. Tread carefully.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

I wish ringworm on that guy. There are not too many public places you can be barefoot and have it be ok. Basic rule: Look around. Do you see a large body of water anywhere? If the answer is yes, then it's probably ok to be barefoot. If not, put your shoes back on.

10:03 PM  
Blogger sic said...

Okay, I'll admit to being a shoe remover. I'm sitting at my desk right now with my legs and shoeless feet folded underneath me. In summer (since I'm usually wearing sandals) that means I'll be barefoot. But my feet are neither gross nor smelly. Honest.

Please don't hurt me.

Ow.

11:51 AM  
Blogger sic said...

And it's winter right now! Even I don't take my socks off in public!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Taking your shoes off under your desk is acceptable in my book. As long as your feet don't smell, I say you're good. But don't get up.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home