Friday, February 04, 2005

It's in the Genes

Mother. Grrrr. I love you dearly, but seriously - do you think that harping on the fact that I've (only) visited you twice in five weeks makes me happy to be here? Makes me glad that I braved (brove?) rush hour traffic to get here? Paid a toll and sat in my crappy car for over an hour on the first nice day of the year?

I'm well aware that you had surgery 6 weeks ago. However. Since the surgery did not harm you or unnecessarily lay you up, the so-called lack of visits on my part is not a black mark against my stature of daughter.

If you want to talk to a shitty daughter, call my sister.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

My mom called me tonight because "we never talk and you never call me."

8:00 PM  
Blogger Kate the Peon said...

I HATE that! I had that exact conversation with my mom just the other night. I had to ask if her fingers fell off and then explain that the phone in HER house calls OUT.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Don't we all just adore our moms?

10:23 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Just be the bitch daughter and you don't have to worry about all this. Because I am the bitch daughter, I don't get that kind of guilt trip.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home