Wednesday, February 02, 2005

leave your name before the beep

Cutesy voicemail greetings should be outlawed!

If I call you and get your voicemail, I want some damn indication that I called the right number. No songs you illegally downloaded off Kazaa. No little babies googooing in the phone. No lousy celebrity impersonations. Either say your goddam name or use your voice so I recognize it's you. I don't want to think I just left my name and number on some possible serial killer's answering machine because you left me a message blurting out your number in some incoherent fashion. That's right--you left me a message on my voicemail where I explicitly say my name.

Now you've never called me back so I am sure there is some maniac out there Googling me right now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

that maniac was already googling you, it had nothing to do with the voicemail. you're just appealing to maniacs. it's a curse and a blessing.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I have always been annoyed by parents who let their kids leave the message. "Thith ith the Thmith Famiwy. Weve a methage." Or even worse and all cutsey.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not saying it was my voicemail, but don't open any packages you may receive wrapped in duck tape.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Duct tape.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

OCD

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home