Monday, February 07, 2005

Only the third circle, but it's still Hell

I am the Temporary Center Coordinator at the LGBT Community Center. This job is part-time, but it produces full-time peeves.

Every Friday I send out a huge electronic mailing. This mailing produces such massive blowback due to a mismanaged listserv that I have to leave Outlook open to continuously download email messages off the mail server so my mailbox doesn't fill up by Saturday morning. This is a peeve in and of itself, but I'm not going to fix it unless I get the permanent full-time gig.

A bigger peeve is that I don't have an office, I have an old granny desk underneath the stairs. My desk is between the access to this area and the storage shelves, which means I suffer daily interruptions from people accessing toilet paper and lightbulbs. There are only six people in The Center at any one time, you wouldn't think this would have to be a daily occurrence.

Someone came in this weekend and took everything that was neatly stacked on my desk, and stacked it neatly on the table behind my desk. Unfortunately they must've thrown it into the air first and picked it up off the floor, because now everything is out of order.

The little fairies also closed Outlook. By the time I finished downloading all my messages, I had five "mailbox full" notices as of early Saturday morning. If anyone tried to email after that I'm sure the messages bounced.

If I ever find out who you are, little fairies, I will stuff your sorry asses through the paper shredder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

But I tell Michelle almost everything. I didn't know that was a secret.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home