Thursday, February 03, 2005

Round 2 Feedback

You guys rock. Thirty-four comments is a new record for this blog.

General Note #1: If there is any cutting to be done around here, know this: I will cut you.

General Note #2: Apologies not accepted on this blog, unless they are sarcastic as in, “I am SO SORRY that I attempted to enter the intersection WHEN MY LIGHT WAS GREEN. Please do forgive me, giant ass in the Escalade, whose license plate number is…” See?

Jen#####: Part 1 -- We all know I am a fan of the letters to people who piss us off, but you lost me at P.S. It was just a tad too gross. You need to make me say “ew” WITH you, not AT you. However, all the elements of the letter were there and that pleases me. Part 2 -- I also like the list format - it goes back to our peeve roots - but again with the “ew.” Ass bleeding falls into the same category as bacterial vaginosis. Was there a title for the fun facts? Numbers 1, 2, and 5… I can totally relate.

Kate the Peon: Part 1 -- Very good letter. Nice use of imagery regarding classmate’s fish belly. I might be insulted by “soupy brown eyes” so please explain further. No title? Part 2 -- Well done, grasshopper, even though it was all lies. Just the right amount of sucking up combined with a respectable display of knowledge regarding past posts.

Jujubee: Part 1 -- This is an excellent peeves post. I really felt like I was in the moment with you. I can picture you trying to get it to work and getting so pissed off that you had to run straight to your computer to post about it. If that isn’t how it happened, don’t tell me. Part 2 -- There isn’t anything technically wrong with your second post, I just felt like it was missing something. Maybe a little more insulting to the other person? Or a little funnier? I’m not sure, but it was a solid effort.

HG: Bonus for “part the first” and “part the second.” I don’t know why I like it, but I do. Part 1 -- I could relate to your timely tax post as I believe the husband and I will be destitute after taxes this year. Nice use of the phrase “mind-sucking” in reference to a job. Part 2 -- I do like to tell people to suck it, though I cannot relate to singing show tunes and I hate (HATE) musicals.

Matthew: Part 1 -- At first I was not feeling your crosswalk post, but you reeled me in at the end with your reckless abandon and fiery rage and complete disregard for your spotless police record. Also, you can never go wrong using “asshat” in a post. Part 2 -- Again, I am a fan of the lists. It didn’t really matter what was in 2-10 since you used the word “panties” in #1. Hee. Panties.

One more round to go, folks. Round 3 is designed to break the weak.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Actually, there was a title. "Dear Annoying-as-fuck Classmate"

"Soupy brown eyes" meant, in this context, her big staring brown eyes with tears swimming in the corners cuz she's a pansy.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's right, people: complete disregard for my spotless police record.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home