Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Mad Rush

If I had remembered that my sister-in-law (of sorts*) was coming to stay with us tonight I would not have postponed the housekeeper until next week. The husband called on the way home to let me know that she was maybe a half hour behind me. I had to pick up the clutter, put towels in the guest bathroom, change the bedding in the guest room, put fresh water in the carafe on the night table (for extra fanciness), light a candle in there to cover the mustiness since there is no time to air it out, and attempt to calm the dogs who are just excited that someone is finally home. So now that I am done, where is she already?


*My brother-in-law has marriage issues and so has not married his longtime girlfriend but has proclaimed her to be his life partner. She is working on her Ph.D. in film theory at Berkeley and is down here doing some research at UCLA and going to a conference at UCI.

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You have a housekeeper? You obviously earn far too much money. A donation to the Keeping Ian From Sleeping on the Streets Appeal would be appreciated...

12:29 AM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Eh, housekeepers are cheap in Southern California. Besides, what's "too much money" anyway?

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home