Thursday, March 03, 2005

Stay Single

Dear Husband,

I asked you to please turn on the hot water in the shower for me when you went to the bathroom this morning. I did not ask you to fill the bathroom with your noxious fumes so that I would gag when I walked in there. I am not sure what your intention was there, but I am sure that you did not consider the consequences of your actions. I see a sneak attack Dutch Oven* in your near future.

Love,
Michelle

*Since we have some international readers, I will explain in case this is not a universally-known term. A Dutch Oven is when one person farts in bed and immediately pulls the covers up over the head of the other person in bed, trapping that person in a toasty oven of stench.

7 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I'm not an international reader (yet I am also not married) and I've never heard of this term. I may be horrified.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Interesting. I wonder where I learned it from. Probably from a book.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

I like doing this to my wife. Thanks for letting me know the proper term. I never heard that before.

BTW, she's good at retaliating, so it's not all one sided. ;)

10:52 AM  
Blogger sic said...

I knew that term! Yay me!

11:16 AM  
Blogger sic said...

Oops! And I am international.

11:17 AM  
Blogger TerraT said...

Umm, can I be glad I'm not married right now?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Note: I have never perpetrated a Dutch Oven on someone.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home