Monday, February 27, 2006

Crunch, crunch, crunch

Have you ever noticed that sometimes you don't hear a noise until someone else points it out. And once they've pointed it out all you can do is focus on that noise. For example, I've lived where I live for 3 years and I no longer notice the sirens up and down the street. There are 2 major hospitals just up the hill from me and my road is a main road to them. However when someone does point out the noise I spend days focusing on it every time I hear one. Eventually it fades back into the background. So the new noise that's driving me crazy. The new one I hadn't heard before lately. The crunching sound in my left knee. I had never noticed it, but the physical therapist pointed it out one day. Now I notice it every time I bend my fucking knee. I want to go back to not hearing it. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Yes! Someone at work does that all the time. I want to tell her to keep her distractedness to herself as I get plenty distracted on my own!!!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home