Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Multi-Tasking? More like running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

I realize that any administrative position is going to require a certain ability to multi-task. It comes with the territory. In fact, I get bored if I don't have to multi-task. Three or four things on the go at once? No problem. But my job description keeps expanding to the point where I'm trying to run in twelve different (i.e. entirely unrelated) directions at once. How on earth do you expect me to keep everything from falling through the cracks? Here's an idea - hire a second person to take some of these things on so that I can concentrate on something for one damn second.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mind Sprite said...

I completely relate Rachel! At some point, there is either not enough hours in the day to do it all or your brain gets full and every new thing they throw at you displaces something else. I want an assistant too!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Secretly I think both of you work for my employer. How is that possible?

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home