Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Shocking

I don't mind winter. But I do wish the static electricity would go away. I just shocked myself so badly that the resulting spark could have provided light for an entire 3rd world country.

9 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I have that problem. I go through a lot of bottles of static guard during the winter.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Daily Piglet said...

Rustle up some "Aqua Net" hairspray, that'll kill it.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

You must have an electrifying personality....*snicker*

4:35 AM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

My file cabinet tries to electrocute me every time I touch it. I can't remember if it only does it in the winter, though. That would be a nice thing to look forward to if it were true!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Chatty said...

I went shopping last Friday and it got to the point that I didn't want to take my sweater off due to all the static. I looked like someone at the Museum of Science in Boston.

yeah, I know, poor me. :)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Jo, Piglet: But it's EVERYWHERE! The couch, the floor, my hair...

Robin: Snicker back at you. I heart crappy puns! :)

Free: Those filing cabinets can be dangerous. Gotta watch your back at all times.

Chatty: I feel your pain. Not to mention, they like quiet at museums - static electricity crackles!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Spray the bottoms of your shoes. That's one thing that works for me.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous notaclue said...

spray the bottoms of your shoes with what?

is it possible for some people to extremely prone to static electricity? Seriously, I've been wondering about that whole "electric" personality thing. Do some of us attract it because of corresponding electrons in us or something? I get zapped like a motherfucker but no one else in my family seems to.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I spray the bottoms of my shoes with static guard. All winter long I'm shocking something. It drives me bananas.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home