Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

This morning I was talking with the other person who does new hire orientation with me. She asked the repercussions of doing it only once a month. I told her I'd have to do a lot more one on one benefit appointments to catch anyone who may have missed orientation and wouldn't want to wait the month until the next one. Apparently she & her boss (who is not my boss) have been discussing ways to make new hire orientation more meaningful. They want to go to a longer program but only once a month. This annoys me for so many reasons...
1 - It affects me yet I have not been in on the discussions.
2 - When asked for what she means by 'more meaningful' she couldn't really tell me.
but 3 - Told me to think about it.
4 - It is new hire orientation. It is supposed to be nuts & bolts. They get meaning from the Mission & Ministry thing.
We are not amused.

2 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

That is totally messed up Joanne. I would say something about not being included in the meetings...

7:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would say something about being told to "think about it".

Also, I'll show you more meaningful!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home